- MBBS, NHL Municipal Medical College,Ahmedabad.
- Diploma (OPHTHALMOLOGY), M&J Institute of ophthalmology, Civil hospital Ahmedabad.
- Following his resdidency, he did his training in cataract surgery at Raghudeep Eye Hospital.
- He further went on to do his DNB training from the prestigeous L V Prasad Eye Institute in Hyderabad.To hone his skills further in the field of corneal diseases and refractive surgery,he persued a fellowship at the Moran Eye Centre, Salt Lake city, USA.
- He has published articles in peer reviewed journals and made presentations at various national and international meetings.He specialises in adult cataract surgery, refractive surgery (LASIK, PRK) and corneal diseases.
- He has won many accolades for his academics. He has more than 10 peer reviewed publications, and is a reviewer in one of the prestigious journal. He has been invited as a guest faculty in various state, national and international conferences.
- Dr. Shail has many other feathers in his cap. He has won the “Video Ultrasound Bio microscopic in Innovator Category” in ESCRS 2011.He has been awarded “Determining the elastic modulus of the Descemet’s membrane stained with trypan blue using atomic force microscopy (Best Paper, ASCRS 2015). He has presented a challenging case at ASCRS young eye surgeons clinical committee, New Orleans, ASCRS 2016. He has received the Grand Prize for the best of the best amongst scientific videos submitted to the Film Festival.